Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

CNN Commentator suspended over PC garbage

If you pay attention to the media, you probably by now know that CNN's Roland Martin has been suspended for what was supposedly an anti-gay tweet. Before we go a step further, here's the tweet:




If you talk to me you know I don't really watch cable news because to me they're all too biased to trust though if I watch one I usually watch Fox News as they're the most neutral in my opinion (I prefer my local news, FOX 13 WTVT). But this bugs me.

I don't get the big fuss, it was a joke, or at least that's how it struck me and gathering from the evidence, that's how he meant it.

For the record here's the commercial he's referring to:



Getting past the amount of of women swooning at that. I just don't get the outrage. I think this is political correctness gone awry. There's no doubt offensive things have been said towards the LGBT community, however I don't think this is one of them. I think GLAAD should be ashamed of themselves for not recognizing it as a joke and letting it slide. They should further be ashamed for feeding the controversy fire. Same for CNN.

As for the people who see this as offensive, "r u srs bruh"?! It was a joke, get over yourself. There are more important things to worry about. If you don't think it's funny, turn the other cheek and walk away. If you think it's funny, laugh a little and move on.

I condemn this suspension. I don't like he's being suspended for a joke. It just feels like free speech is slowly dying, you can't say a dang thing in this world anymore without someone taking offense and someone expecting an apology.

He did nothing wrong. End of story.